Google
 
Web Ben's Questions and Answers

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Measure Body Fat

Someone asked me how I was able to estimate my bodyfat on my Ben's Workouts blog. There are many ways to measure bodyfat, one of the most accurate being the use of underwater weighing scales. Since this is impractical for everyday use the next most accurate, and slightly more practical, is the use of body fat measuring calipers.

I opt for the most convenient option, in my mind, without losing too much accuracy. I use a Tanita weighing scale which works by measuring the electrical resistance in your body as you stand on the scales. I'm not all that interested in the accuracy, I really just want a basic general idea, and the Tanita scale that I have is ideal for that. These scales are available from numerous stores, including amazon here.

Good luck with your own fitness routines, if you have any comments please let me know and if you have any other questions which you'd like me to answer for free please send them to Ben Dash at ben.dash@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home