Web Ben's Questions and Answers

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Marriage License With Error Legal?

Someone asked me if a marriage license with an error, e.g. their husband's birth date indicating that he was only 7 years old, is legally valid.

If you want to get the error corrected then there should be no problem with filing a new marriage license and the cost is minimal.

If you are trying to escape a marriage using a technicality then I recommend that you talk to a lawyer, which I am not.

If you have any comments please let me know and if you have any other questions which you'd like me to answer for free please send them to Ben Dash at


Anonymous Orthotics Calgary said...

It's therefore important that the marriage certificate be accurate. If you discover an error, you can correct your marriage certificate through an amendment.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Cash Advance Business said...

If you wish to make any change in the surname on your Certificate, you and your spouse must remarry.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home