Google
 
Web Ben's Questions and Answers

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Learning C

Someone asked if I could recommend a good book for learning how to program in the C language. The definitive C book is "The C Programming Language" by the legendary K & R.

What is your favorite C book?

Once you have the basics under control I would recommend that you take a look at "Expert C Programming". I read this book in 1995 and it is full of useful C information.



Have fun learning C, the syntax is a little more complicated than Java or Visual Basic, however, knowing C will stand you in good stead when it comes time to learn C++ or indeed any of the various languages who owe their syntax structures to C including Java and C#, if you have any comments please let me know and if you have any other questions which you'd like me to answer for free please send them to Ben Dash at ben.dash@gmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Expert C Programming Deep C Secrets is the best C book I've ever read, good recommendation!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home